I have not visited Manchester Metropolitan University for any open days however I was attracted to the course as I would like to have the skills that are needed to become a director, editor, cinematographer, sound designer or producer, and it is exactly the type of course which I want to do. This is because I like to be involved in things and I like to be creative, especially when it comes to film. I also like all of the oppertunitys that the course includes for example exhibiting a film in the final year at the annual degree show. Another thing which has attracted me to the course is that fact that the lecturers and staff are all practicing filmmakers and artists, which is what I would prefer my tutors to be, and I like the fact that they are already involved in filmmaking as a pose to just teaching students and I would also love the opportunity to be tutored by people who have had their work broadcast on ITV, Channel 4 and BBC and have had their work shown in major international film festivals as this makes me feel as though I would be learning from people whi are experienced and can help me in what I want to do. The resources and study facilities are also something which has attracted me to the course such as the onsite material and also the new equipment, something which I have not used due to having only studied in college with small cameras and final cut. Also the workshops and stores, particularly the AV store attracts me to this course as borrowing equpiment for a short period of time would enable me to practice using them and give me an opportunity to gain more skills that are needed for the course and to lead into a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment